Handcrafted Australian Shilling Coin Cufflinks & Gift Box – Genuine Silver Shilling Coins
Very Original, Handmade Australian Shilling Coin Cufflinks + Stitched Black Gift Box. Perfect gift for the man who has everything. Iconic Cufflinks for the esteemed gentlemen.
- Hand crafted cufflinks, made with genuine silver shilling coins minted in the Commonwealth of Australia featuring the magnificent Ram’s Head on the obverse.
- Comes with a hand stitched black Coin Cufflink Gift Box
- Silver Plated & Protected with a sterling silver electro-plating ensuring they keep their shine for longer
- Made of Sterling Silver 50% fine (50% Silver, 40% Copper, 5% Zinc, 5% Nickel)
- Diameter of 23.5 mm.
- Comes with its own personal history – each coin has unique blemishes from a life spent in circulation – if only they could talk!
The Australian Shilling Coin Cufflinks – Product Overview
These Shiny Silver Shilling Coin Cufflinks are truly stunning statement pieces in themselves. A striking choice popular with the more confident among our clients.
Their historical significance can’t be surpassed in this nation as they were the very first Commonwealth coins to be circulated in Australia.
They have beautiful Rams Head on the ‘tails’ side where the ‘head’ really depends on the year. The majority of our series however, still have a young Queen Elizabeth on them.
Originally these Australian Shillings were minted at 100% silver but were debased to 50% silver in 1946 to help in pay back the massive war debt.
Coins are in excellent condition, considering their popular circulation, but they were treated in a rather precious way back in their day and we have just restored them and brought them to life again in our master crafted cufflinks.
These come presented in a classy gift box, and are backed by our 3 year warranty.
- Cuff & Co Australia is an Australian owned and operated business – We ship worldwide
- Each set of Australian Shilling Coin Cufflinks is handmade – Ensures that every pair is as individual as the person wearing it.
- The coins are cleaned, buffed and hand polished to bring them back to their former glory.
- High quality silver plated toggles – Expertly soldered to the coins.
- We use metal solder (not glue).
- We pride ourselves on making quality, durable cufflinks so that they will look great for years to come.
- These are the best quality Australian coin cufflinks in the world!
- The condition of the coins used will be consistent with the photo, but as with any hand crafted item, may vary slightly.
- Slight differences in the details of the coins – No two Australian Shilling Coin Cufflinks are the same
- We also offer a 7 day return privilege. We want you to be completely satisfied with your new Australian Shilling Coin cufflinks!
More History to Reference about the Australian Shilling Coin
Originally the Shillings that were circulating throughout Australia were actually minted in the UK directly (between 1910 – 1915) bearing the effigy of Edward VII.
By 1916 the Melbourne mint assumed the manufacture of most shillings. Sydney assisted with the minting of shillings from 1922 to 1926 when the Sydney Mint then closed down.
In 1921 shillings were struck in Sydney. These coins have a star above the date but it is not a mintmark. The star was intended to signify a change in silver content but the change never eventuated. The Melbourne mint did strike 1,122,000 shillings in 1921 but they were all dated 1920.
Melbourne took over sole minting of shillings from 1927 to 1941.
See more here: http://www.cruzis-coins.com/shillings/
Australian Shilling Coin Cufflinks are the ideal birthday, anniversary, wedding or corporate gift.